Friday, December 26, 2008

Kill Me At Dawn


~inspired by a fairytale romance~



Kiss me at sunset,


As the sun drowns in sea,


Glistering waves,


Washing up upon sandy shores,


So my heart sinks,


As my lips crash upon yours.


 

Walk me at twilight,


Through the hollow woods,


As the sun’s fading glow,


Hides beyond bristling oak leaves,


You hold my hand tight,


Amidst the eerie hush,


A silent promise,


To never let me go.


 

Seduce me at dusk,


As the night grows dark,


We find ourselves alone,


But together,


Stories of you and me,


Beyond this place,


Erased from judgment,


For all that matters,


Is here and now,


As the bonfire burns through night’s scrutiny,


Lonely hearts rekindled in passion,


Trumping all condemnation.


 

Whisper at midnight,


My name,


So gently,


Like a prayer to the angels,


As you have me in your arms,


Your angled body,


Pressing up against mine,


More than just the body is stripped bare,


The soul is left vulnerable,


As our sights meet,


I believe in all that I see,


Forever,


In the eyes of a boy.

 


Kill me at dawn,


For I do not want to wake up,


To the sound of disparaging voices,


To disapproving notions,


Of us,


Where reality fits an iron glove,


Showing no mercy,


Kill me,


So that I may live forever,


In sweet dreams,


And happy endings.


-By Isaac H. George

The Masked Man

(Copyrighted)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behind my mask...