Thursday, March 3, 2011

Wedding Vows (All the Days of Your Life)

~inspired by early wedding planning~

I will love you,
All the days of your life.

I will kiss you goodnight,
And kiss you awake,
Yet we will never wake from this dream,
We can now call reality.
So I will kiss you,
All the days of your life.

I will hold you proudly,
In all your glorious days,
I will hold you shamelessly,
In all your subdued days,
I will hold you tightly,
So that even if you fall,
You would only fall,
More deeply in love,
With me,
So I will hold you,
All the days of your life.

I will sing to you,
Our song,
With every look across the table,
With every hug at the door,
With every wink in bed,
With every touch of my hand,
With every tear i shed,
With every silence after every fight,
I will sing to you our song,
So that we will never forget,
How we feel in this moment,
So I will sing to you,
All the days of your life.

I will tell you I love you,
Every second of everyday,
Not in words alone,
But with every smile,
In every trial,
With every laugh,
Through every trouble,
With every heartbeat,
Through every silent night,
And it would always mean the same,
Although it could never mean as much as i feel,
So I will tell you I love you,
All the days of your life.

And i will not lie or cheat,
But only to lie with you in all your nights,
And to cheat all your fears and worries about us,
And I will not leave nor give up,
But only to leave whatever insecurities in my past,
And to give up my heart to your love,
And I will not walk away,
But walk with you,
Into every dream we build together,
And every nightmare we brave together,
So long as you promise me the same,
I will be yours,
All the days of your life.

Though i cannot promise you unending joy,
Unending happiness,
Or unending ease,
I will promise you my unending effort,
At an unending possibility of these things,

I will love you,
All the days of my life,
And we will love forever,
Trump all hateful words of the world,
And live in love beautifully,
And i know you will love me,
All the days of my life.

-by Isaac H. George
The Masked Man
(Copyrighted Material)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behind my mask...